Friday 13 October 2017

Falling Leaves

Every autumn I feel a strong urge to make a seasonal quilt because I love the gorgeous colour. So, this year's autumn project is taking shape on my design wall:

 Falling...
 ... and falling...
  ... and falling...
  ... and falling...
  ... and falling...
  ... and falling...
  ... and falling...

...and ready to put the blocks together now!

It took me about two weeks to piece the blocks, with a little break as I ran out of teals by the end of road and had to replenish supplies. The blocks are machine curve piecing, the same technique as I showed in these tutorials: one and two, but here each block is different, just hand-drawn in actual size on a piece of paper tablecloth as you can see in the photos. The whole top is going to be about 1 by 1.5 meters.

As usual the questions remains how to quilt it, but I hope it won't take too long.

Have a beautiful autumn wherever you are!

Linking up to Off the Wall Friday at Creation by Nina-Marie
Can I get a Whoop Whoop? at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful coloration! Looking forward to seeing how you quilt this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolutely beautiful quilt! Gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful progression and movement in your leaf shapes! A great tribute to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really capturing the look of fall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun to see this piece come together step by step! Your work is always so inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is paper tablecloth? It must be like butcher paper? Is it waxed on one side?

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. I was so focused on the paper......I,LOVE your leaves!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...